Coronavirus in Children – Symptoms and Testing
The three main symptoms of coronavirus in children have been clarified by NHS. They are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to sense of smell or taste
Guidance for schools from the Government as at 27.08.21
- Bubbles are no longer recommended
- Close contacts will now be identified via NHS Test and Trace, not via School
- Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:
- they are fully vaccinated
- they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- they have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
- they are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Instead, they will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace, informed they have been in close contact with a positive case and advised to take a PCR test.
- Face coverings are no longer advised for pupils, staff and visitors either in classrooms or in communal areas.
Please refer to the government website for further information on Covid-19.
If you have any questions about your child having Coronavirus symptoms please contact one of the following member of our senior staff, not your class teachers:
George Muxworthy: firstname.lastname@example.org or Kim Slade: email@example.com